Here we go...


 Working a 9-5 (really 9-6) job, is not only a tedious but it also makes you realize that your day by day are always the same; Monday through Friday, show up to work, sit at your desk, get yelled at and try to get the account managers transfer. No day is truly ever different than the next, but it makes me that much more of an observer.

Being surrounded by people who can't get their heads out of their own asses can not only be incredibly irritating, but it can also be helpful, eye opening even. If I said there wasn't a lesson learned here every day I would truly be lying. Not only do I learn something new about human behavior every day but I also learn about myself, the person I'm not and the person I don't ever want to be.

Calling people for eight hours of the day is not ideal, specially when the people you call are incredibly rude. Let me tell you, if you think telemarketers have it easy you're wrong.

  • People curse you out, calling you every name in the book.
  • They're constantly throwing the damn 'Do not call list' in your face.

Let me tell you something about that infamous DNC list. While the list is meant for you not to be contacted by telemarketers or what have you, it doesn't stop your stupidity. Once you inquire online about anything really, the moment you put your number online, you give us the right to call you. So please people, do me a favor and shove your fucking DNC list far up where the sun don't shine. 




There's honestly something terribly wrong with the USA. The fact that you are having a shitty day does not give you the right to be nasty to everyone else. I'm not just talking about the people on the other side of my headset but also the people at my job. Dealing with people over the phone can test your patience enough, but when you add the drama in the office to it, its a lot worse than you can fathom.

There are so many characters, -none of which are my cup of tea (though I prefer coffee honestly) but they're all exactly the same. Nearly everyone in this room, everyone in this company is a self absorbed asshole with no hopes or dreams. Working this 9-6 job, screwing people over, lying every day is exactly where they want to be and quite frankly its where they belong.

Now don't get me wrong, not everyone in this building is ugly on the inside. There are a handful of people here who don't walk around like soulless zombies. There are your very few people here, who not only want to get out of here but have actual goals in life, are passionate souls. It's actually the only refreshing part of it all, the part that I look forward to the most, Monday through Friday.

On a lighter note: 
Found this cool little post on one of my favorite blogs. I am obsessed with the UK, so this list of insults was not only funny but I'll probably be using them all the time.

List of British insults

No comments:

Post a Comment