Avid reading & Dying Brain Cells


  To say I can't remember the last time I picked up a book and actually read it all the way through is incredibly upsetting; specially for someone who was addicted to books. Devouring books was one my expertise, now I can barely get past the first chapter! Excuses to not read come to me by the millions: I'll finish it later, its too hot/cold in here, if I take a nap I'll be more awake to read etc.

Honestly, by luck I get past the first page! Not reading has been one of my biggest mistakes! I mean really, my Barnes and Noble Rewards card is of no use anymore. Of course I renew it every year, but I hardly ever go there and when I do, I just purchase books that I keep on the side collecting dust.

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, is probably the last book I fully read. Which not to boast, took me about two or three days. If you have read this book or even seen it, you know how thick it is and no it doesn't have big print letters. Also that was back when the book first came out, which was back at the end of May, 2014. Cassandra Clare in my opinion is an amazing author! Being a fan of teen fiction, of course I've read and loved her Mortal Instrument series, along with all the spin off series shes done. Definitely recommend her books if you're into fiction and the supernatural.

Its definitely time to end my too long hiatus. 

With that being stated, the first thing to do is read all the books I've bought and have not read. I must do that before going out and a Barnes and Noble bender. If anyone really knows me, they know the possibilities of that are incredibly high!

My current list of 'to read' is:
Yes, I am a Ducks fan! 
  • Rousey by Ronda Rousey (Which I already started and I'm liking so far)
  • Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer 
  • Making Sense of People by Samuel Barones 
  • Subliminally Exposed by Steven Dayan, MD
  • Making The Cut by Jillian Michaels 

While I am a huge fan of teen fiction as well as fiction, I'm also a fan of psychology books. Being an observer there's certain human behavior that I don't completely understand. Psychology books are incredibly helpful, with not just understanding people but also their actions. I like knowing what lies underneath decisions, actions. 

I feel as if my brain cells are dying, with every day that passes now that I don't read. So getting back to reading is not a question. 

---

No comments:

Post a Comment